Artists For A New South Africa (ANSA) was founded in 1989 by Ms. Alfre Woodard, Danny Glover, Blair Underwood, Mary Steenburgen, CCH Pounder, and Robert Guillaume. Their fight started to support South Africa for their right for freedom. They continue to fight for this amazing country that is filled with children who are orphaned by the deadly AIDS virus.
ANSA is a nonprofit organization dedicated to combating the African AIDS pandemic and advancing democracy and equality in South Africa. ANSA also works to further civil rights and safeguard voting rights in the U.S.
Since 1995, ANSA has raised over $8 million for effective South African nonprofits which…
- Fight HIV/AIDS
- Strengthen democracy
- Combat hunger and malnutrition
- Improve education and reduce illiteracy
- Provide advanced training for African journalists and emerging leaders
- Offer arts programs and training for disadvantaged youth
- Develop micro-enterprises to reduce poverty and unemployment amongst young adults
- Fund women’s economic self-help farming and craft cooperatives
- Promote and preserve South African culture and history
- Provide psychological assistance and rehabilitation for South African survivors of torture and former child soldiers in Mozambique.
They are looking at the big picture here. This is what I admire about them the most. There is so much valuable information about this wonderful organization. You can click HERE, and take a look for yourself.
There are many ways you can help.
You can sign up to their mailing list to keep yourself informed.
You can Donate Directly Online or
Donate by Mail
Send a check or money order payable to:
Artists for a New South Africa
P.O. Box 1616
Los Angeles, CA 90034
Donate by Phone
Call Toll Free 1-877 4-AFRICA (423-7422)
They have cool things they are auctioning off to raise funds also!
You can also shop at IGIVE.com and a portion of the funds goes to ANSA.
They made it to the top 50 and they need our continued support. So if you are a cardmember, get yourself over there by clicking on the badge above, register, and vote for project #6841 Help African Children Orphaned by AIDS. There is only 3 more days to vote!
Good luck to all of you over at ANSA. I hope all the best for you on winning the Members Project Award. I look forward to meeting you all in the near future.
Best of Luck,