It’s amazing to watch what happens when a few creative minds (and committed hearts) conspire together for a cause.
That’s what happened at REBarCamp in San Diego in November of last year. Mothers Fighting For Others, was the charity chosen to support and Jim Marks lead the charge that raised over $4,000 to support The Gift of Education. By any measure, their efforts were a huge success. But a few of the attendees wanted to do more.
Brad Carroll, from Dakno, Mike Mueller, from AreWeConnected.com, and a few others began a brainstorming session to come up with an idea to raise more money. The idea was to piece together a package of Internet-based Real Estate Marketing tools and services and auction them off to benefit MFFO. Brad Carroll took the lead in contacting the participants and negotiating the pieces of the package and about a month ago, it all came together.
As fate would have it, the timing was perfect.
An urgent situation has led to the MFFO Board of Directors deciding to create a new home for 34 orphaned girls outside of Nairobi, Kenya. And my wife, Rocky, is headed back to Kenya in a few weeks. In response to the need Maya Paveza decided to try to raise $50,000 to meet the support needs of the home in honor of her upcoming 50,000th tweet.She wants to do it before the Rocky’s return to Kenya, which coincides with the 140 Character Conference in New York, where Maya is a speaker. If the $50k isn’t raised, she won’t tweet from her @mayareguru account again. You can follow the progress by watching the #50kfor50k hashtag on Twitter. But, we really don’t want her to stop tweeting. So…
The following services are being auctioned on eBay as one package right now.
ActiveRain – $715 Total Value
One Full Year Membership with the following:
- $348 – RainMaker
- $159 – RainCamp Ticket (closest Location to winner)
- $108 – Localism Sponsorship – 1 local community
- $100 – Outside Blog (includes support)
- Feature one post of choice – (complimentary
Mike Mueller – $500 Total Value
- One Custom Facebook Business Page (Includes 2 custom built tabs)
Dakno Marketing – $2682 Total Value
- SwiftSite with 5 hours additional design customization ($925)
- SwiftBlog ($550)
- 1 Year of Hosting both the website and blog ($708)
- Posterous Blog Customization (to match the design of the site/blog) ($199)
- 6 month membership to Dakno’s AllAccess Live Training
RealEstateShows – $1562 Total Values
- A whole office account up to 50 agents.
Nicole Nicolay – $2000 Total Value
- 2 hours of one-on-one social media coaching via phone/Webinar. Coaching can be used for a specific goal or project, OR a review of current social media strategies and Web presence. Nicole will also provide you with a custom social media plan, including revised/or new goals with recommended implementation tasks.
Altos Research – $960 Total Value
- One Altos report subscription one year (provided they are within their service area)
Diverse Solutions – Value Varies
- an IDX for a year (provided they are within their service area)
Drew Meyers – $150 Total Value
- 1 hour of consulting timeÂ â€“ SEO, Social Media Marketing, wordpress, or whatever the person wants to talk about.
WellcomeMat – $2100 Total Value
- A 10-Pack of WellcomeMat Pro for One Year
Jay Thompson – $300 Total Value
- 2 hours of 1-on-1 consulting
Total Value – Over $11,300
All proceeds benefit Mothers Fighting For Others. MFFO is a non-profit 501c3 organization (EIN/tax ID number: 26-0320699)
This is a great package for a small real estate office as well.
The individual items could be given as prizes to RealtorsÂ® in the office and the group packages could be used in mass. Note: After we launched this auction, several other real estate service providers stepped forward to offer their services for MFFO as well. We’ll be holding a second auction with a completely different package as this one draws to a close.
And thank you to everyone for your amazing support!